You are here

University of Texas Permian Basin

Transfer to University of Texas Permian Basin

University of Texas Permian Basin logoSan Jacinto College students earning an Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) or an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or an Associate of Science (A.S.) may transfer to the University of Texas of the Permian Basin (UTPB) to pursue a bachelor’s degree.

San Jac students earning an A.A. or A.S. may transfer all credits to be applied to UTPB academic credit. San Jac students completing an A.A.S. may transfer technical/occupational courses from the San Jac A.A.S. to the “technical block” requirements of the UTPB Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences. 

Students transferring to UTPB must maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average at San Jac, apply for admission, and meet UTPB university and program admission requirements. 

San Jac students that transfer to UTPB prior to graduation from San Jac may still earn an associate degree from San Jac by completing course work at UTPB. Students may request a free transcript from UTPB to be sent to San Jac to determine that requirements for the associate degree have been met. Students are eligible to participate in the San Jacinto College graduation ceremonies.

For more information . . .

Contact a San Jac Educational Planner and Counselor at your nearest campus

Learn more about University of Texas of the Permian Basin: