Student Success Center Mission Statement
San Jacinto College North Student Success Center provides a selection of services including tutoring, mentoring, and a learning lab. Our learning lab tutors looks forward to assisting you with subject material, homework and study tips.
We are proud of our student centered approach and strive to actively adapt our programs to the needs of the student body.
We are committed to your success and hope that you will allow us to be a part of your San Jacinto College North experience.
The Learning Lab offers free services to students, including:
· Tutoring in Math, Sciences and Writing (Check the schedule for additional subjects.)
· Study Group Rooms
· Textbook Usage
· Computer Use
· Study Tips
· GED Preparation
. TSIA Review Sessions
. WEPA Print Card Machine
. WEPA Printer
The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. The following College official has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College's non-discrimination policies: Vice President of Human Resources, 4620 Fairmont Pkwy., Pasadena, TX 77504; 281-991-2659; Sandra.Ramirez@sjcd.edu.
Student Success Center Rules
· Students are required to sign using the SJC Generated ID # or Student ID card.
· Only students currently enrolled in courses offered by SJC are eligible for help in the center.
· Tutors are not expected to perform the student’s online quizzes, papers/assignments, or to teach material missed in class.
· Cell phones must be turned off or on silent mode while in the center.
· Bring the course syllabus and any relevant materials, such as your textbooks, notes, etc.
. Meals are not permitted in the center.