Getting into college is an exciting experience. However, figuring out how to pay for college can be nerve-racking. This is especially true when the terms used in your financial aid award letter confuse you. It can be difficult to calculate exactly how much aid you are getting, how much you owe, and if there will be any money left for school supplies.
To help our students understand their financial aid award, the San Jacinto College Financial Aid Department will be hosting Financial Aid 101. In this assembly SJC advisors will talk about:
- The different types of aid
- How to submit documents to Financial Aid
- When to expect financial aid disbursements
- How to get funds to purchase your books and school supplies BEFORE your disbursement date
- When you will receive your refund
- How to apply for loans and what to expect when repaying student loans
- How to continue qualifying for financial aid
The assembly will help you understand the financial aid process and avoid delays in the awarding and disbursement of funds. We look forward to meeting you!
C-1.142 (Interactive Learning Center)
N-2.105 (Interactive Learning Center)
S-1.143 (Allied Health/Science)